Thursday, May 19, 2011

Error in UpdateEntity(), check millenaire .log

 Addendum: The babyanimals mod and the millenaire mod aren't compatible which caused the following:

I was messing around with a lot of mods yesterday. I updated my ATI graphics and installed shaders. This was a huge complicated task but well worth it. I installed the baby animals mod, made some more maps, installed a sound mod, tried out invedit, etc...

I did a lot of stuff and somewhere in there I crashed my millenaire mod. I couldn't trade with the villagers anymore.

Then I started getting this error:

And it wouldn't go away.

After a lot of sleuthing (the minecraft forum was down) what I found was that the new millenair isn't compatible with the old villages.

 This is some of what the log said:

0.5.4 19-05-2011 04:04:40 ERROR: townhall_0 at 2057/69/-328/2/1 Sept-Fr�res-le-lac: Exception in TileEntityBuilding.onUpdate():
0.5.4 19-05-2011 04:04:40 Exception, printing stack:
0.5.4 19-05-2011 04:04:40 java.lang.NullPointerException
    at MLTileEntityBuilding.updateTownHall(MLTileEntityBuilding.java:2235)
    at MLTileEntityBuilding.m_(MLTileEntityBuilding.java:2058)
    at et.g(SourceFile:1058)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.j(SourceFile:1334)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:694)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had to go around to the villages and burn down then hack apart the town halls. It was fun - I felt a little like a conquistador beating on the locals. The locked chests take a while to hack apart. They seem to be obsidian or something.

Once I destroyed the town hall the error went away. The villagers built new town halls and relations with the natives resumed as normal.

There is a different solution posted on the Mill�naire - NPC village forum thread (now that it's back up and running) but I think my solution has a certain sadistic charm that is well worth it.

Addendum: Unfortunately the villagers all disappeared on me after I left the game. I had to restore a saved game that didn't have the baby animals mod to get them back.


>

No comments:

Post a Comment