Thursday, April 7, 2011

Minecraft Dungeon Construction

I found a wonderful website for creating random dungeons that you can download: Donjon. You just enter your perimeters and click construct. It doesn't build the dungeon for you - I had to do that myself. It took a while but the result was well worth it.

Anyway, this is a map of the new dungeon:


I added the labels with Paint.net (free & awesome)

Now I'm not going to give away all the secretes but I took some screen shots. It's impossible to convey what this thing is like to wander around in but it's seriously fun. It's not completed yet and I'll probably add another level.

I mentioned that I had started some new buildings (in my last post) and the dungeon entrance is close to the bottom of this one: building 12 (I'm calling it that to be ambiguous):


If you download this I suggest no digging (it wrecks the fun (and the dungeon)). See if you can make it out alive with only a sword. The objective is to find a golden apple and return. You can equip yourself here but remember armour and maps are for girly men:

The spider room:


The zombie room:






The pit trap (not exactly as shown (heh, heh))





The caverns are absolutely massive and I don't have them mapped.

If I do add a second level I probably won't upload the map.

I hope to have this project completed next week sometime and I'll upload the world then.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment